Friday, October 18, 2013

2. Who am I?

This post is only a small summary of my life. It's not in lot of details but in my later posts I will write the events in proper details.

I'm a South Asian girl who's family immigrated to Canada when I was very little. Within my first year in Canada I learned that you don't always get to say your final goodbyes to people you love and care about <= I think there's still a part of me that wishes that I had a chance to say my final words to my grandmother, my sister, and my nana.

So who was  I? I was a girl who was very attached to her culture and family (including my relatives back home). Sadly one of my weakest points was I was a very emotional girl. But I wasn't a girly girly type of a girl when growing up, in other words for me my education meant more than being in a relationship. Let's be realistic how many happily ever after did you see in real life? I for one didn't believe in happily ever after (and now looking back at everything I think I was right to not believe in it) when I was growing up. I'm not saying that I never wanted to get married and settle down, it's just in my opinion that should all come after a person graduate from university (or college), or either enhances their education further by becoming a doctor, lawyer, accountant, teacher and etc.

When I started university within an year I got engaged (it was an arrange engagement) and due to complications/ miss-understandings (or God knows what) the relationship ended. By the end of my university education the relationship had ended so I decided to take my education to the next level (decided to write my MCAT and go to medical school). Sadly not everything goes according to plan in life and I ended up in another arrange engagement 2 weeks before my MCAT exam and within a week the date for the wedding was set. (Don't judge me at this point because I was dragged into by being emotionally blackmailed <= not in a bad way.)

In January I went back home to get married and a week or so before my wedding  my ex-father-in-law's bail ended and he had to go back to prison (he was wrongfully convicted.) By this time everything had been arranged it was either cancel the wedding fully or either get married. In the end I got married to my now ex-husband. From day 1 the relationship was nothing but a big fat lie; I was the idiot of the story who was in nothing but denial until the last day when I got my divorce papers in my hand. 

According to my ex-in-laws apparently being married to a guy who wasn't a real man, or being divorced wasn't painful enough for me that they decided to spread fake lies about my family and me (within family and outside family). After my divorce I couldn't (actually still can't) fall asleep. By September I  had gotten so annoyed of the lies that I couldn't take it no more, a part of me wished that either I was dead or either my ex-in-laws. And now I just want my story out there so another me isn't born into this society.

Honestly speaking, I don't regret being divorced and not being part of such people anymore. A part of me is quite glad they are no longer part of my life any more. My parents always taught me to wish people well but what these people did with me no matter how hard I try I can't never wish them well. All I'm going to say is I believe in KARMA <= what goes around comes around!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment